Friday, July 22, 2011

Where Art Thou, Love?

Photo taken by Crystal DeJesus
Ah, true love. Such a fantastic occurrence. Many people spend their entire lives searching for "the right one" and that head-over-heels feeling. While some do find it, many often do not. It is tragic when this happens because everyone deserves to be with their soul mate. When I was a kid, Aladdin was my favorite movie. I watched it numerous times each day. It'd be an understatement to say that I loved the film. I was OBSESSED. And not with just the storyline and the prospect of a commoner becoming a prince and winning the princess.  The love story as well; it was the most important and exciting part! The relationship Aladdin and Jasmine shared was bewitching. I remember imagining myself on that carpet, singing to a beautiful woman. I remember wanting the chase, the passion, the devotion.

15 years later, I am still the romantic I was when I was a child. The thrill of that magic carpet ride still has me enthralled; however, it also has me weary. Love has done both wondrous and destructive things for people, and it's as if it's a coin. As of now, the only side of that bittersweet coin I've experienced is the destructive one. I know the risk that falling in love presents; however, I love being in it's iron grip. It has me singing, and dancing, and dreaming.  One day we will all hopefully find our mates.  As for now though, keep living life!

Love is a common motif in most films; however, I have always thought the Disney movies have been the most romantic.  Which was your favorite Disney movie/ and or couple?

No comments:

Post a Comment