Friday, May 23, 2014

Breathing Genius into the Spectrum of Literary Excellence: George R. R. Martin Exhales

Artist: Bryan K. Stites
Winter is coming...
Notice the stab of the stag's antler.
Ours is the Fury, still.
--

I recently begun reading Game of Thrones. As an avid fan of the HBO television series, I have been waiting to peel open the pages of the written tale and engulf myself in Martin's genius. 

I have only completed about 15% of the first book of the series, or so my Kindle says, and I can honestly state that Martin MUST be deemed one of the Greats of contemporary fiction. Before this literary adventure, there was just Tolkien and Rowling. Now, as the realms of Westeros and the Free Cities latch themselves to my heart, I find myself chanting: Tolkien, Rowling, Martin... Tolkien, Rowling, Martin...


May their words forever immortalize their worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment